What is AmeriCorps Seniors?
AmeriCorps Seniors is a nationwide program for volunteers aged 55 and older. AmeriCorps Seniors awards grants to organizations to engage retired and senior volunteers in programs that address the most critical needs in their communities.
What is the Interfaith Caregivers AmeriCorps Seniors Program?
Interfaith Caregivers is very thankful for the support provided by AmeriCorps Seniors. Interfaith’s AmeriCorps Seniors RSVP (Retired and Senior Volunteer) Program provides support services to local seniors and individuals with disabillites so they can lead healthy and independent lives while aging in place with dignity.
Our AmeriCorps Seniors volunteers assist Ozaukee seniors through:
- Transportation to medical and therapy appointments, in-and-out of Ozaukee County.
- Grocery shopping and errand-running
- Friendly visits
- Reassuring phone calls
- Respite Care–enhanced friendly visits (non-medical services)
- Assisting with education initiatives and special projects
- Tracking, checking-in/out equipment for our Ozaukee h.e.l.p. Corner, a health equipment lending program that lends wheelchairs, walkers and canes free of charge.
Americorps Senior Volunteer Application
To become an Interfaith AmeriCorps Senior volunteer, fill out the application below and you will be on your way to making a difference in the life of a local senior.
A look at AmeriCorps impact in Wisconsin: